Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stuck in the Mud

My wallet is $85 lighter after I had to pay Mr. Ward to come wench the tractor out of the mud. It got there when I drove a touch too close to the stream feeding the lake. I knew better but persisted, nevertheless. Still, I finished most of the bush-hogging yesterday and will turn my attention to some clean up work on my land today. That is, after I file for unemployment compensation. Yes, after over forty years of paying and bitching about the public dole, I am lining up with my hand out. OK, I am embarrassed. I plan on wearing sunglasses and a hat into the office. I am not sure which will prod me more to get a job -- health insurance premiums or the shame of feeding at the public trough.

Tinker and I are taking the Airstream to West Point Lake this weekend for a three-day music festival. May do a little fishing in between the musical acts. I asked The Old Goat to join us but he declined. The Lake is just a few miles from the house so we will be close in case he needs something.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Did you really post this at 4:41 a.m.? When do you sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The virtuous life demands rising early. Now, having said that, the fact is that the clock on my computer is about three hours behind. Tom

    ReplyDelete