Saturday, October 8, 2011

Farm Photos

I took some photos around the place today about stuff I have discussed recently here.

There is a picture of the new cat. She is a cute little thing and is quickly assuming dominance over the house.


There is a picture of the new chicks. They look like a bunch of adolescents now but, trust me, they were balls of fur a week ago. The red tint of the photo is from the heat lamp under which they live. It will remain a part of their world for another month or so. I can see them developing some character. I know they eat like crazy and make a mess of their water.


The last photo is the newly created greenhouse. There are two types of lettuce growing in pots – romaine and leaf, sometimes called red, lettuce, three fig tree sprouts that I have been nursing along, and some marigolds, daisies, and some wild flowers I have grown from seeds, plus a tray of tomato plants that I sprouted from seeds. My next project is to install a heating source to protect the plants from the occasional cold weather that intrudes on our paradise here.

No comments:

Post a Comment