Friday, August 6, 2010

Best Job I Ever Had

For those of you worried that I might starve to death for lack of legitimate work, I am happy to report that I have landed the best job I have ever had. Get this, my employer is providing me with a hell of a benefit package -- health insurance, housing, a vehicle, and a liberal expense account. I am even provided with a travel allowance to wander where I want. My employer does not insist that I show up at a specific time. If I want to work on Saturday or Sunday, or Tuesday, it is up to me. What a job. I never wonder if a social expense will pass accounting muster. Any and every expense I incur is paid without question. If I want to order a dozen books from Amazon, no problem. If I want a case of wine, bring it in. I have never had a job as agreeable.

Now, you may ask, how you could land such a position. The answer is to work for yourself. I realized that I am fully employed working for me. I have plenty of work to do -- work ont he Federalists Papers, take care of The Old Goat and befriend Tinker. That, in itself, is a heavy workload. (Maybe I should talk to the Union about overtime).

So, for those of you who were concerned that I might go nuts without a real job, rest easy. I am fully employed. Working every day. And, I love it. It is the best job I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment