Friday, May 25, 2012

Snakes

Let’s get this established right now: I hate snakes. I mean, I scream like a school girl at the sight of one of the black-hearted devils. But, this week, I had no less than two close encounters with the beasts. Both right around my house. I have never known so many snakes close to the house. Must be something in the climate. Perhaps climate change has altered their patterns. Nevertheless, they are here and I have to deal with them. At the beginning of the week there was a corn snake that wanted to use my house as a place of refuge. I discouraged him although I did not kill him. Guess I could have. And, today, an unidentified reptile was the subject of interest of my cats when I noticed it. As much as I dislike the devils, I could not bring myself to kill them. I kept thinking about the ecological benefit that snakes provide. I just have to overcome the fact that they are snakes. Not an easy task. What I have decided is to deal with my own irrational fear and let the snakes be snakes. They don’t seem to want to come in the house and they feed on mice, one my other great fears. So, learn to live with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment