Monday, June 14, 2010

Tee Shirts

I really dislike tee-shirts with stuff screen printed on them. The idea of being a walking billboard for a shoe company or a tourist attraction does not appeal to me. I understand wearing a tee-shirt that proclaims you an alum of a university or a resident of a place. I have a number of Crimson Tide tees. A couple from Mizzou. The rest of mine are plain (meaning, no printing on them) black or gray or blue or white. And, the idea of buying and wearing a tee with a humorous phrase is absolutely beyond the bounds of civility. I did receive recently a nice one that had the tag line: I read the Constitution for the Articles. That is a little inside humor for political scientists. By the way, do you know what political scientists use for birth control? Answer: their personalities. Back to tees, I saw one today that I could not live without. Somehow, it sums up my life. Which means that tee shirts that express some essential truth are permittable. Otherwise, cut them up for cleaning rags, wash the car with them, or polish you shoes with them. (Am I the only guy left in America who actually polishes his shoes? Here is a picture of the one I am now wearing proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment