Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cleaning the Shed

After two days of piddlin’ work and lots of beer, the tractor shed is clean and easy to access. The place was a source of embarrassment since it looked like the aftermath of a tornado. I got to the point where I couldn’t find anything. I looked for the small sledge for an hour before I cleaned the place. I found the sledge. It was exactly where I left it, under the fertilizer spreader. All the tools are where they should be, the tractor attachments are properly placed for easy use, and all those things for which I used to search are at my fingertips. And, as an added benefit, I have discovered “bucket sitting”. After the work is done and the sun is going down, there is nothing finer than to sit on a turned-over five gallon bucket and enjoy some cold suds. The only thing missing is some music. So, tomorrow my plan is to wire into the chicken house electricity and run a line to the tractor shed. Once installed, I think I will run some white, twinkly lights in the shed. How redneck is that? It is hard to beat a hot Southern summer night and some sunset songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment