Sunday, July 25, 2010

Big Weekend

The Simpson Reunion is now over. No arrests, no fights, no knifings. Yeah, I am just as surprised as you. I kept hoping for a cat-fight to break out but everybody was on their best behavior today. The Old Goat presided over the festivities with admirable sanguinity. His two sisters attended -- The Old Goat, Lola Bea, and Mattie Ruth are the only children left from John and Ola Mae, the founts of this brand of Simpsons. I did not know the overwhelming majority of the people but it did not seem to matter. Simpson women hug. So, I hugged a load of them, some more than once. (These women need to patent their hugs. It is far more than merely throwing their arms around you. No, they wrap you into themselves. Only an angel embracing you with its wings could replicate the experience. And, they smell fabulous and I have always been a sucker for a good smelling woman. In fact, the combination of incredible hugs, perfrumed skin, and a Southern accent is proven to be fatal. I had to remind myself several times that these were cousins.)

This has been, in fact, a big weekend for me. On Friday, I drove up to Atlanta to spend the night with some dear friends. We enjoyed a terrific dinner at a nice restaurant -- I had a wonderful tuna steak with a good wine -- then attended a Melissa Ethridge concert. Sad to say, I have never given Melissa Ethridge much thought. That is my loss because she put on a heck of a show. As interesting as the music was the audience. It was a lesbian happening. And they were in the mood for some hard-driving, mad lesbian music. We all got an earful. I walked away with a new-found regard for Ethridge. And, I made a mental note never to get into a fist fight with a lesbian unless I was looking to have my ass handed to me.

The weather continues to be hot and humid. No serious sign of ran for the next couple of days. We are certainly in the Dog Days. I will have to put a little water on the garden tomorrow. The tomatoes are in production overdrive. That means that tinker and I will be stewing and stocking them im the freezer this week. I am going to try my hand at pepper relish. We have more peppers than the Mexican Army could eat in a weekend. (I had better be careful; the US Justice Department could interpret that comment as ethic profiling.)

2 comments: